Friday, January 16, 2015

Rambling Man pt 1

You know what bothers me a little? When I hear the following statement, "man, if I was alive then, I would_________". I hear that a lot from black people whenever something slavery related is on. A lot of threats towards whites, "I wouldn't be doing this", "fuck all that ", etc. I'm guilty of it too to be honest but it bothers me. The statements don't bother me, hell I've said it, but it's the hidden meaning in what you're saying.

Take slavery for instance. With my CURRENT DAY mindset, hell yes I'm going to say I wouldn't be doing that shit. I've never been whipped, I've never had my mom and sister raped in front of me, I've never lost a digit or ligament, I've never been sold, I've never watched family members be split up, I've never had a slave owner, mom's doesn't count, look over me with a gun, none of that shit. Nah, I'm just a black kid from Pleasant Grove that knows how to read and write and has a degree in history. I didn't grow up with all of those things.

When I hear people saying what they would and wouldn't do, it offends me because you are demeaning those that went through it in my opinion (my opinion), and that's not fair. Some of our ancestors didn't even know the joy that is reading and you're treating their struggle to survive in such an environment as them just being weak scared. Well, if you were them your ass would be working too sadly, or dead, and that's all there is to it.

Wouldn't be any revolts, random slapping white women on the ass, cussing out massa, none of that shit. Your ass would be hung before noon fam.

Petty thing to dislike? Sure, but shit, I'm just rambling.

K. I. N. G.

No comments:

Post a Comment