~be easy
Monday, February 1, 2010
Never more than you can bear....
So....there is this young lady I am in acquaintance with...and during our time speaking she told me that the popular saying "God will never put anything more on us than we can bear" was not Biblically based. You can imagine my sorrow in thinking that this was something that I believed God would say. I mean He loves us dearly, He covers us, He is always there for us, no weapons formed against us shall prosper and He gave His only son that we may be saved...so why allow more to be put on us than He knows we can handle? This statement was made a while ago but plagued me until this very moment...I am sitting in my bed in the eve of one of the most important days in my college career. If I get a no tomorrow, I will be in DEEP trouble as far as graduating...and this saying came to mind as I sit in my bed restless...so I did what any other Christian nerd would do in this situation...I googled it, lol...and apparently she was wrong. In 1 Cor 10:13, the Bible says the following: "There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way of escape that ye may be able to bear it." Now when I read this, I HAD to share it with the people that read this blog because I know that when I heard it was not Biblically based, i got discouraged. I felt as though it was just brought up by a regular man that felt that this quote needed to be spread to God's people, but now I know it is in His word. I know God had this for me and I know that there will be nothing put on me that He knows I can not bear. In other words, there will never be a situation in my life that I can not handle. This information is vital to that of any Christian because of how life can hype things up to make them look horrible when they really are not as bad as they seem. I am grateful for this find and just as grateful I found it on my own. I am happy to share this with you and have got to find a way to tell her without sounding like an idiot. God Bless
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Tell her It is biblical and throw the bible at her opened to the page!
ReplyDelete