~be easy
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
The things He does for me...
So today royally sucked....and was freaking amazing...all at the same time. It started out with me having to rush to the hospital for a friend (for a second time this semester mind you) that had some complications earlier that evening. They took her to Parkland which has some crazy "no visitation" rule for 8 hours in place so I had to return with some of her friends with no clue as to how she is doing. I was woken up by one of my employers at about 10 am. She called and said I was supposed to have registered for classes by yesterday and needed to do so ASAP or I would be forced out of my room on campus and be S.O.L. So from all of that taking place, I was literally in a state of panic, worry, anger and sorrow. I did not know what to do with myself. So, I went and talked to my Hall Director, the person that is the boss of the residence hall I reside in, and she told me to jsut talk to my financial aid advisor and see about what I could do to fix the problem or any options I had. I go in, tell her why I look like I got hit by a bus, she tells me to calm down and assures me that she "will not give up on me and find some free money for me". I breathe, tell her what I know about the situation and wait. Within 45 minutes of me being there, she found over $6,000 worth of financial aid for me that was usable and could be applied within a week. Then she assured me this would be more than enough to be able to register for class AND HAVE A ZERO BALANCE!!! The whole going from an absolute low to an all time high was almost too much for me and I had to sit down and catch my breathe because I did not believe what was happening. The rest of my day went pretty well as well, work was great with the kids and the drive home with co-workers was full of laughter. I really needed today after this weekend (which will be explained at a later date) and I am glad that God smiled on me today and blessed me with the opportunity to get my education and be on track to graduate, thank God and God bless :D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Man, that's something my friend. God makes a way when there seems to not be one. Keep your head up and keep in touch bro.
ReplyDelete