Thursday, March 18, 2010

Today has been...

...HELL...and yea, as of now, I am sitting in my bed, a little angry, a little sad and a little frustrated all at the same time, but a good friend of mine reminded me that I am still blessed. if you go here, you will see a blog post that has changed my attitude for today. I was told by my Hall Director, who I see as more than just an authority figure but close mentor, that I needed to vacate my residence hall at 9pm tonight. This news was something that I did not feel I needed to hear, but something that I feel she was almost forced to say. Did it make me mad? Yes. Am I still mad? Yes. Thats just me being honest, all I know how to do and all I was taught to do. I see myself with a new outlook after reading my friends blog post because I am blessed. I have the ability to see, walk, run (to an extent), breathe, think, care for myself, work, drive, talk, type....all of these things that people, like myself, never think about losing until they are taken away I have...yes, I am being forced out of my residence hall, and yes this pisses me off, but to be in a state of anger when I still have the ability to pack my things up by myself and move? That is not fair to myself nor is it fair to God. I have worked and fought hard this semester, and if it is in His will that I be sent him, there will be some anger in me because of the sacrifices I will have to make, but at the end of the day, I can not complain. I still have my life, I still have my God and I still have my friends and family. I want to go to school because the alternative would have gotten me killed years ago. I am a smart blessed individual, and to sit and sulk in my woes all day is not of God, therefore it is not of me...thank God and God bless


~be easy

1 comment:

  1. Happy my post helped you man. You know you are in my prayers bro. Keep your head up because you KNOW God will make a way

    ReplyDelete