I see you all the time
My mind..
It races
The pace that I chase..
Shoes stay laced but I feel out of place..
I'm not first
Second, third, shit did I even place?
Watching the gold slip away
What more can I say?
Just pretend all of the feeling went away
Pretend I don't miss your touch or the way..
I trusted again, I was happy to win
I cherished every inch of your skin...
I almost told you I loved you..
Now I just pretend...
You mean nothing to me, everything was a lie
I don't miss you, nor that look in your eye..
I don't miss our conversations
I don't miss your face
I don't miss your smile, I don't miss your place
At my side..
I don't miss your voice
This shit was your choice..
I don't miss your texts, I don't miss your poise..
I'll just pretend like you mean nothing more
That you're just like every other ex before
That all your words were lies
You never really tried
And our story was fabricated lore..
I just keep pretending
Running away from the truth
I see you regularly, and life is showing you..
That you miss me too
But your pride is showing through
You can keep pretending
Because I will too
One day soon though,
The light will shine through
Truth always comes out, no matter how deep the lie
And when you realize..
You better hope you're still a queen in my eyes..
K.I.N.G.
No comments:
Post a Comment