Monday, January 18, 2010

Look At Me Now

Success

So, I heard this song the other day and it is becoming my "anthem" i guess you could say. Not for the fact that he is calling whoever pissed him off out his name, but for the fact that I have heard things like this from former friends, associates and even some of my girlfriends. As far as musically, no one has said a work. I think partially that stems from a verse i wrote with a lot of anger and passion towards my ex, or it could be that a lot of people don't know i rap at all. Success is an objective concept in my head, someone homeless may feel successful in their head cuz they lived through the day, but to you, that may seem like utter failure to be happy about living in such a state as that. Either way, to them, its success and you should be happy for them being able to smile. On my end, my success is growing up is a terrible part of my city, surrounded by Crips, drugs, loose females, drank and homeboys that have gone on to meet Jesus. I call that a success because I am a college educated man, that has no children out of wedlock, never smoked a day in his life, does not have an alcohol problem, does not beat women, I am SAVED and believe the WHOLE Bible (not just the parts that make me look good), I have 2 jobs to help my moms pay bills and I have a car that, although has tried to kill me, does not have a note to pay. When I look back at my life, I see success, and throughout my life I have had people tell me in a consistent basis that I would just end up like everybody else from the hood. That a whip and a chain would be all I aspire for. That I would get a girl, get an apartment and live out my life believing that this was the apex of my existence. I am not sorry to say all of this is false, my mindset is too driven on anti-failure and I am too motivated by the failures of others to even think about falling off. I just can't see it, I refuse to see myself in the position of on the bottom and staying there. It makes no sense to me at all how people can live on in those positions I mentioned, but as my mother tells me "to each his own" (and yes, I know this is not her saying and it is cliche' but I heard it from her first, so I give her credit) so I leave them to their own devices.

Women...

This will be the first of MANY posts on the opposite sex and my opinions of their actions against men. If you are a woman, I am sure that you will disagree on the outside of most but on the inside, I know you will know them to be true statements about at least one other woman you know and love/hate for their actions against your sex. Now that that disclaimer is out of the way, I need to get some things off of my chest that have been going on for a while now to friends of mine. Lately, a lot of my boys have been coming to me, like I'm some sort of Dr. Phil character, telling me about women that have this arrogance issue. I have run into it myself and I have my own way of dealing with it (I drop them like a bad habit) but most guys are inquisitive and want to know why they are running into this so much. I had the following explanation to give them. As I stated before, you are free to agree or disagree with everything I am about to say. I told them, there are two kinds of women: those with confidence, and those without. Majority of women that have a lack of confidence do not show this side, or talk about it, to people unless they are dating, and have trust, or know the person for a while. That being said, most women show off their confidence on a regular basis and try not to let the world see their fear. Some women are not mature enough to handle this balance and become overconfident or arrogant. This arrogance sometimes happens because most men like confident women, so more confidence = more men right? WRONG! It is true, most men like confident women, but more men like women that are themselves first. If you are a soft spoken, laid back woman that does not have all of the confidence in the world, its koo, just be you. After this, my friends usually ask me what I think a solution to this "problem" could be. I tell them that I personally do not think it is a problem I think that women hold more power than most of them realize. My brother says it best when he says that if all women decided that they would never date men that sag and held that without buckling under the pressures of men, all men would stop sagging cuz the only alternative would be to switch ships. I tell them to be like me, just drop them don't give them power over you and about all else, DO NOT LET THEM SEE YOU BOTHERED. Women know they have power over us, so there is no point in giving them more than they need. Remember, this is just an opinion of mine, you may think I'm wrong but I believe it all to be 100% true based on women I know, have had friendships and relationships with. I am no woman expert, but I know a lot more than most men, which is why guys ask me for advice. Women, its one thing to be confident, but arrogance makes even the most beautiful women look like Whoopi, I know men are terrible too and I have to tell them, but be yourselves, there is no need to overcompensate.

~be easy

No comments:

Post a Comment