Friday, February 19, 2010

my notes on facebook...

So if we are facebook friends you know I have this passion for writing poems...I dish them out on a regular basis, but if you have been paying attention, you can not see them anymore (if not, feel free to go ahead and check now...ill wait..........................................................................................................you back? good). I took them down for many reasons that I will list and explain now. First off, I took them down mainly because of a lack of response to them. In my head, as an artist of any form, you like people to comment and critique you work. You are only as good as your fans see you and if you have no fans, that means you are: not that good, or have become boring. I feel like since no one was paying them any more attention, no one was interested in seeing them. That is the main reason honestly. Secondly, I began to see a trend, because of the "like" button, where no one was actually commenting on them. If you had seen the first few poems i wrote, there were 12 comments minimum on them. People would say how much they loved the poem, how my word-play amazed them, how I should look to sites for other people that write like me, etc. I got the critique's this way as well, where people would tell me things they did not like. Near the end of their appearance, all I got was "likes" and while they were appreciated, I have no idea as to what that means. Do you just like the poem itself? Do you like my style of writing? Do you like the subject matter? Do you like the words I am using? I understand that, being on the outside, it may seem like I am whining, but this is just me being honest. I feel some sort of something would be better than just a "like" although it is appreciated either way. Thirdly, I got the message that my poems were boring people. Now, this was not me assuming something out of something that someone said, it was almost word for word. There is a saying, "There will always be hatas thats the way it is" and I believe, but based on the 2 reasons above this one, I began to think that maybe this human was not hating....but telling the truth. Maybe my work was getting boring...maybe people just did not care to read about things that I think about (as I type up a blog :p), maybe I do need to take them down to keep myself and my feelings from being hurt....so I took them down and hid them from everyone's eyes but myself. After looking at them, I still believe they are great...not to sound cocky, but I like everything I put out. Of course I have favorites, but overall, I get bored reading none of them...will I put them back up? One day I might, but as of right now, my "boring poems", as it was so eloquently put, will stay hidden until further notice, oh yea and that human can kiss my John Brown hind parts

~be easy

No comments:

Post a Comment