Very late, but hey, thats just how I am sometimes, I get sidetracked/busy/sleepy and forget to publish something I wrote almost a month ago....anyway, whats new with me? Lets start with not being enrolled in school, then add not working (for now), plus living at home...what does that equal? An angry and confused Dre.
I thought things would work out in my life and I would be back where I wanted to be in the school I wanted ot be in. This was something I thought I deserved because of who I am to everyone. I am the nice guy. I am the gentleman. I am the saved young man that, although I mess up a lot, I am still trying the best that I can do, so I deserve this. Are you seeing the problem that I did not see? That paragraph played in my head over and over again while i was fighting SMU for a spot as a student. It made no sense to me, thinking about all of that, why they were fighting back so hard. I could not comprehend that sometimes, it is not going to happen for you. Sometimes, you will have to watch people in your exact situation get what you want, and all you can do is watch and react according to your maturity level. When I got the news that my appeal had been denied, I was crushed...literally. I felt like I was the worst person in God's eyes. I felt as though He did not love me anymore because He did not do what I wanted Him to do. Can you see the problem in this as well? See, I have learned a lot from something I thought would destroy me. I have grown a little, and being as old as I am, I needed it. God will allow things like this to happen to us in life to teach us something important we will need for later. I am thankful now for what happened because this harsh reality smacked me in the face and woke me up. I now see "bad" things differently when they take place in my life, I see them as opportunites to learn something from God. This has taken a while for me to say, but thank you Lord for teaching me this lesson, I love you for that.
Ok, I did not mean to go that deep into the above subject, but hey, its not everyday God breaks me down to teach me a lesson like that :). Anyway, I will start working after Spring Break, so everything, other than being at home, is going very well. Being at home is only bad because of my terrible sleeping habits and me wanting to be around people my age. My mom and me fight all the time, but thats normal (as terrible as that sounds). Let me clarify, me and my mom play-fight all the time, not like one of us trying to kill the other. I did miss home a little, so I guess this short stay here was needed.
Other than that, nothing is really going on I guess. A girl I liked is in a relationship with someone she told me she would never speak to again, so I guess thats kinda news right? Am I hurt by it? I honestly am, but I figure this is the 2nd time she has lied to me about having a boyfriend and since I was pretty much done before, I dont see the point in getting involved in the situation emotionally anyway. I wonder how long it is going to take her to figure out that she told on herself...? Anyway, thats all for today, I will probably be updating again soon, so stay tuned...all 4 of you that is
~be easy
PS- Go see Tangled RIGHT NOW
PSS- THEN GO SEE RANGO!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment