So....once upon a time...there was this guy. This guy had terrible personality issues, contemplated taking his own life and believed that no one in the world would care if he ran away. His family loved him and cared for him, but the lack of an older male figure in his life caused a void that needed to be filled. People can claim all they want that a guy will be ok without a father, and this is true in some instances, but who wants to take that chance? Anyway, back to the guy, one day, he was approached to join an organization by an older guy. This older guy was a good guy, had himself together, had popularity among his peers, was intelligent and seemed to be happy all the time: everything the original guy wanted to be. He thought, "Maybe if I hang out with him, I can learn some things and get better....maybe....jsut maybe, things can go well in my life with people like him around..."
Funny thing is, he thought this to himself, and it all came to pass. By joining up with this young man and his organization, our original guy found new friends, gained confidence, learned responsibility and got the a big brother that was always a phone call away. The leader was a constant source of wisdom and strength for the guy, and he leaned on him as much as he could. Then one day, the leader was told the group he was going off to college and that the original guy was to be left in charge. The older memebrs accepted him gladly, knowing they were in good hands. The organization flourished for a while until everyone involved ended up going away, but during his time, he never forgot the things that the leader taught him about life.
Fast forward to 2010 and our guy is a stressed out college student, still remember the words of his kind leader/brother. He gets a phone call and is told to watch the news....his leader, a great young man that was always there for him is being put in jail for the murder of an officer...someone he looked up to, someone that he loved like a brother and friend, someone he wishes he could have kept in better contact with is being put away...and now, our guy has to watch people from his city wish death upon his friend...he has to watch the pure hate and malice of people against someone that kept our guy from taking his own life....
This story is not fiction, the original guy is me and the leader is a man by the name of Issac Butler, a great friend of mine that is currently in jail for the murder of a retired firefighter....I have had to watch people talk so bad about my friend it hurts but after the news of tonight broke I thought about two people: My Uncle that serves in the military and Issac. I thought about Issac because a part of me wanted to celebrate the death of a terrorist that is responsible for the death of over 3,000 people....but I had to rebuke myself because I know that people want to see Issac die, and I know justice will be served, but I do not like it either way. This young man was a figurehead for me....etched in my memory is a person that always had an answer for me, was always there for me and provided for me, and I cried myself to sleep many nights thinking about this hatred he received....I understand people want to celebrate the death of a person like him, but I can not and will not. I know this is not over, and I know people might not like my opinion, but I can not be a hypocrite. I am happy for our nation, but to celebrate the death of a person so wholeheartedly.....i just cant do it...
I pray for our troops and hope that we, as a country, remember that terrorists celebrated when the towers fell, and for us to celebrate his death makes us just as bad as them, in my opinion that is
K.I.N.G.
~ be easy

REAL
ReplyDelete